Welcome to Franciscus Gasthuis & Vlietland
We think it's essential for you to understand the Franciscus Gasthuis & Vlietland information. The working language of our hospital is Dutch. Do you have difficulty speaking Dutch? If so, please bring along someone who can translate information for you. Do not hesitate to tell us if you do not understand something.
- Report to the Registration and Admission desk located in the Central Hall.
- Show your ID and your insurance pass.
- Your personal details (e.g. name, address and GP) will be stored in the computer.
Outpatient clinic appointments
- First report to the employee at the reception desk.
- Hand over your GP's referral note (only if you are visiting a specialist for the first time).
- Please notify us if you were admitted to an international hospital within the past two months.
- If you work with cattle or with people from the livestock industry, indicate this as well.
You are welcome during visiting hours.
Franciscus Gasthuis (Rotterdam location): Daily from 3:30 to 4:30 pm and 6:30 to 8:00 pm, on weekends, also from 11.00 am to 12.00 noon.
Franciscus Vlietland (Schiedam location): Daily from 3:30 to 7:30 pm, on weekends, also from 1:30 to 2:15 pm.
Please observe the following rules:
- No more than two visitors at a time per patient.
- Do not inconvenience the other patients.
- Our top priority is always the nursing and medical care.
- Plants are not permitted due to the risk of infections, but flowers are allowed.
- Some departments have additional visiting hours.